RUNOUT RADIO: June 11, 2016
Happy Saturday, Nashville! Where were you? CMA Fest? Bonnaroo? Stuck in Bonnaroo or CMA Fest traffic? Hopefully you were tuned in to WXNA, which had its first week on the air in Nashville this week.
We had a small sample of our show last Saturday, during the station's kickoff day, but got to dive right into our first full length show tonight! It was a blast, and so fun to bust out our vinyl collections on air.
The theme of our first show was "Firsts." First concerts for us, first singles for certain artists, and the ultimate record collector conversation starter-- what was the first album you bought with your own money?
Check out the playlist below:
1. "I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Loved You)," Aretha Franklin
2. "Junior's Farm," Paul McCartney
3. "Sussudio," Phil Collins
4. "You Got the Silver," The Rolling Stones
5. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," Devo
6. "Dare to Be Stupid," "Weird Al" Yankovic
7. "He's So Fine (Live 1964)," The Chiffons
8. "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," The Gaslight Anthem
9. "The Middle," Jimmy Eat World
10. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered," Stevie Wonder
11. "Blinded By The Light," Bruce Springsteen
12. "To Know Him is to Love Him," The Teddy Bears
13. "Heart of Glass," Blondie
We're still working on recording and archiving shows-- more information on that as soon as we get our ducks in a row. We are so excited to be a part of WXNA, which is a community radio station built by a group of dedicated board members with volunteer DJs. Learn more about WXNA here.
Also, on a life update note, the co-writers of Runout Numbers got engaged last week. Pre-marital therapy has been recommended and we feel as though planning and executing a weekly radio show seems to fill that void of a communication and patience stress test. Neither of us really know what our wedding colors are or when we are getting married, but believe us, when it happens, the music portion of it will be the best part.