RUNOUT RADIO: June 18, 2016
Sunday morning is coming down over here in Hip Donelson and after waking up the neighbors by making a smoothie, I have now sat down to recap all of the fun we had in our two hour time block on WXNA last night.
While the X-Factor was out of town, we gave our loyal listeners a double dose of Runout Numbers. We decided the theme would be Ladies' Night: All Women, All the Time. Planning the show by laying out records, listening to pairings of songs, and grouping them up into sets was a blast this weekend. Does Alanis go with Siouxsie or Loretta with Cher? These were the choices we had to make.
Special shoutout to Mark, who called in giving us our first real request via the phone line. We both got so excited that we messed up cueing, came in too early-- it was a blur. Pretty sure Linda Ronstadt took one for the team there in the madness. We lost our whole cadence, but in a good way. In a way that's like, oh my god, people are really listening out there! We didn't have Mark's request this week, but we are getting it for next week, because we are people of our word.
1. "Our Lips are Sealed," The Go-Go's
2. "Among the Believers," Darlene Love
3. "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," Lynn Anderson
4. "Maybe," The Chantels
5. "Homecoming Queen," Brandy Clark
6. "All Grown Up," The Dixie Cups
7. "Tattooed Love Boys," The Pretenders
8. "Head Over Feet," Alanis Morissette
9. "Cities in Dust," Siouxsie & The Banshees
10. "Hanky Panky Woman," Loretta Lynn
11. "You're No Good," Linda Ronstadt
12. "You Know I'm No Good," Amy Winehouse
13. "Better Be Good To Me," Tina Turner
14. "Strut," Sheena Easton
15. "Dreaming," Blondie
16. "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," Pat Benatar
17. "Trail of Broken Hearts," Cher
18. "Oughta Be A Woman," Sweet Honey In The Rock
19. "Family is Family," Kacey Musgraves
20. "Harper Valley P.T.A.," Jeannie C. Riley
21. "Crazy in the Night (Barking at Airplanes)," Kim Carnes
22. "Me and My Shadow," Peggy Lee
23. "Half Moon," Janis Joplin
24. "Carpetbaggers," Jenny Lewis & Elvis Costello
25. "I've Loved and Lost Again," Patsy Cline
26. "Too Many Lovers," Crystal Gayle
27. "I Feel the Earth Move," Carole King
28. "Railroads," Holly Williams
29. "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down (Live)," Joan Baez
30. "I Buried Your Love Alive," Ashley Monroe
31. "Seven Year Ache," Roseanne Cash
32. "Looking for Elvis," Patti Scialfa
33. "Say Goodbye to Hollywood," Ronnie Spector & The E Street Band
34. "Beast of Burden," Bette Midler
We're still working on getting shows recorded and archived. In the meantime, enjoy this Spotify playlist for those of you who were doing something cooler than listening to us on a Saturday night:
All the good stuff, minus the awesome Sweet Honey In The Rock song, which is not on Spotify, and not on YouTube, either. But if you come over, I'll play the record for you, because you should hear it. And the Jenny Lewis song doesn't have Elvis Costello. And the Joan Baez song isn't the live cut. Really, you're just better served by blocking off Saturday nights for authenticity's sake.
Thanks for listening, thanks for reading, and don't hesitate to drop us a request on our Facebook page! We really appreciate you all.